CHRISTMAS UNDER THE STARS PARADE & FESTIVAL
Treats for Santa
Big Wheel Races
Lighted Christmas Parade Entry Form- If you do not get a confirmation email- you are not entered- retry.
1. Date of Parade: Parade will be Thursday, December 4, 2013.
2. Location: Historic Downtown Brownwood (Line-up begins at the Train yard south of Washington St. Behind the train museum)
3. Time: Line-up begins at 4:00 pm - Parade starts at 6:30 pm
4. Entry Fee: $10 Late Fee $25 after Nov. 17.
5. Entry Deadline: Regular entry deadline Monday – November 17
6. Floats are encouraged to be lighted: The more the merrier.
7. The Brownwood Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to refuse participation of any entry deemed inappropriate.
8. Float Judging: Details to come
9. Entry Number: Every entry will have a designated number that must be prominently displayed in the RIGHT/FRONT corner of the entry on the outside of the windshield. This ensures proper identification. This number will be assigned to you and given to you at check- in.
10. Safety Issues: a. NOTHING (candy, etc…) may be thrown from the entry/float. People will be allowed to walk along side and hand out items beside the entry/float. b. There are no open flames permitted on any float unless pre-approved by the Brownwood Fire Department. (Permit must accompany entry along with appropriate proof of liability insurance.)
11. AWARDS: (These may be changed and updates available later) a. Best of Parade: Overall entry that best develops Theme, Design and Lighting b. Grand Marshal’s Choice: The entry that best exemplifies the Parade Theme c. Club/Civic Organization: Not-for-Profit Organizations d. Equine e. Company/Industry: For-Profit business entry f. Religious: church or religious organization g. School: Public or Private h. Vehicle: Vintage, unique, etc… i. Band j. Mayor's Choice.
Lighted Christmas Parade Entry Form
Indicates required field
Email Address - parade instructions will be sent to this address
Contact Phone Number
Entry Name / Theme:
(i.e. "Home For The Holidays", "Heavenly Angels") * Do not repeat the name of your group here. The parade will be broadcast on KTAB and the following information is for those announcing the parade to do a better job announcing your group and entry.
Type of entry:
Float - pulled by horse
Float - pulled by vehicle
If float or trailer - approx length in feet
Characteristics of Entry
Walkers with float or vehicle
more than one vehicle
click on all that apply- please have lights(it is a lighted parade)
Which of the following categories best describes your group:
Club (Civic or non-profit)
This parade will be televised and we need information about your group and entry so those reviewing can speak intelligently while being recorded. The more information you give us the better. This is your opportunity to let the world know what your group has achieved, so please share information such as: - interesting facts - how many volunteers to prepare entry - what your entry represents - who deserves special recognition - any special achievements or accolades you group has received
Release of Liability ------ Initial below to state that your float and it's participants release from all liabilities and responsibilities, the City of Brownwood, County of Brown, State of Texas, Downtown Brownwood Inc., Brownwood Chamber of Commerce, Southside Church, and all individuals connected with "The Spirit of Christmas Annual Lighted Parade" and/or celebration from any and all liabilities arising from the transactions and occurrences at and during the said event, and agrees to hold such parties forever harmless. I have read the above rules and agree to comply to them. I hearby agree that by completing this entry from and submitting it, that I am comfirming that I am 18 years old or older, and that I am authorized by my organization and/ or sponsor to agree to the "parade Rules" and am agreeing to the "Release of Liability" as posted on this website.
Please note - payment for parade must sent to the Brownwood Area Chamber of Commerce - 600 E. Depot Street in Brownwood, 76801. Payment can also be made via Paypal on the next page.
Treats for Santa
Big Wheel Races